Welcome to
Cosmic Dark Energy and Dark Matter
Research Group

 

 


    The latest astronomical observations indicate that the normal matter (baryons) which we are familiar with comprises only 4 or 5 percent of the cosmic total density. The rest of the Universe are made up of the unknown dark matter (20%-25%) and dark energy (about 70%) which has extremely strange properties. What is the nature of the dark matter and dark energy? This is one of the most momentous problems in modern science. The solution of this problem would enable us to have a much more profund understanding of the Nature, and may leads to a new revolution in science. To strenghen the research on the dark matter and dark energy problem, the National Astronomical Observatory has set up our group, with a focus on solving this scientific problem with astrophysical methods. In cosmological researches, many methods and theories of astronomy and physics are employed, so in fact the researches of our group covers many other aspects of cosmology and particle astrophysics, e.g. very early universe, gravity theory, cosmic microwave background radiation, large scale structure, galaxy formation and evolution, supermassive blackhole, the first generation of objects and cosmic reionization, gamma-ray astronomy, cosmic ray, neutrino astronomy, etc. The research of our group is mainly theoretical, including analytical theory, semi-analytical model, numerical simulation, and data analysis. At the same time, we do have frequent communication and cooperation with several observational groups, and observational researches may also be considered if condition permits. Our group began its activities in 2005, and in March 2006 it is formally established. We welcome colleagues to communicate and collaborate with us, and we also invites people who are interested in cosmological research to apply for positions in our group.

Phys. Rev. Lett. paper:

Copyright (c) 2006 version 1.0 all rights reserved